Registering an Athlete
- Complete the online registration form or contact your local program representatives. If you experience any problems, contact our Special Olympics office in Norristown at 1-800-235-9058 ext. 235 for assistance in helping you make a local connection.
- Obtain an athlete enrollment kit which includes an athlete medical form. This application is also a medical form. Every athlete is required to have a medical exam prior to training and competition participation.
- Arrange for your family doctor or frequently seen physician to review your athlete’s medical history and complete the Physical Examination section. Many physicians and Public Health Agencies will perform the necessary examination for free or at a reduced cost when asked to do so for Special Olympics. A doctor’s signature is required on the form.
- Upon completion of the application and medical form, return it to the local program representative who will arrange for your athlete to begin training in the sport of his/her choice.
Becoming a Volunteer
- Complete the online registration form or contact your local program representatives. If you experience any problems, contact our Special Olympics Office in Norristown at 1-800-235-9058 ext. 235 for assistance in helping you make a local connection.
- The local program can share the various local opportunities and needs that exist to assist you in identifying where you would like to focus your volunteer efforts.
- All volunteers need to complete a Volunteer Application. If you are planning to work in close contact with the athletes or volunteer in an administrative or financial capacity, the program will be required to run a Criminal Record Check prior to you beginning your volunteer efforts. Volunteers who are 17 years of age or younger may be asked to complete a "17 and Under Disclosure" form in addition to the Volunteer Registration Form.